Wednesday, August 20, 2014

POEM: A Thomasian’s Quest

by Gino C. Gonzalez
(Inspired by the UST Hymn)


Prologue:
I will take on challenges they dare throw me
Conquer the stresses they present
Eight long years of trials and tribulations.
I will be worthy to be with you forever.

...

I'll raise your flag, and wave it proud
The anchors raised and masts all set
The wind blows my golden sails strong
My mighty galleons depart from thy ports

My cannons armed and lit by thy flames.
My vessels filled by fountains of thee.
My seat majestic and enduring the storms.
My dream, far beyond my seeing.

I'll explore the seas, strong against the tides.
I'll defend your name and tarnish it not.
I'll spread the light in gloom and darkness.
I'll foster them thy unending grace.

One day my sails will trace the horizon
Nearing towards thy peering eye.
My ship afloat, beckoning to thy ports.
This captain has indeed returned.

Battle-scarred yet full of valor
I'll stand up straight, my chest out proud
Like orphicleides my voice shall proclaim:
In beauty. In truth. In virtue.

And to thee, gifts from oceans across:
Wisdom from sages, torches of freedom,
Golden lilies, and flames of yearning.
All these for you my love. All for you.

Lock me in thy impassioned embrace.
Share with me valiant tales from yore.
Celebrate a banquet in this castle imperious.
God, I longed for this. This day that I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment